An entrepreneur and advisor to small, mid-size businesses since 1989, with first-hand awareness of the challenges business owners, face. Will ask questions, listen to your answers, work with you to find solutions to business problems.
Trusted professional connections that range from lending to IT to graphic design, social media to attorneys and accountants.
Author of a weekly column on small business management for Daily Herald, a popular speaker on small business topics at SBDCs and similar organizations. Mentor, Center for Professional Excellence, Elmhurst (IL) College.
There’s nothing like owning a business to develop the insights that can help other entrepreneurs find success. Part of the benefit is building relationships with professionals who have skills that complement my own:
- I do words. . .concepts. . .strategies – the ideas that flesh out the ideas others bring. Starting a business is easy. Growing it – profitably – is far more difficult.
- The people we work with at Kendall Communications have varied but important skills.
- Social media. What’s available. How best to use it.
- Photography. Videography. Graphic Design.
- People issues. Hiring-firing-managing.
- Numbers. The folks who keep track of how you’re doing. CPAs and bookkeepers.
- Banking, finance.
- Legal stuff, including contracts that keep you out of trouble.
If we don’t have the resources you need, our friends likely do. The key is to think. … turn thoughts into a plan… adapt that plan, because the market will determine how your business truly lives… and remember that profits matter most.