Have you ever had a client or project that just did not go as planned? Business is filled with learning lessons and If it was easy, that client may not have chosen you! You possess a level of expertise, knowledge and an ability to solve client problems. Sometimes what starts out as an outstanding and amicable relationship can take a turn for the worse and head south!
Sometimes it can be your fault, while other times it is the clients, but it's usually not that cut and dry. Often it's a combination of all of the above. So what can you do to get the project back on track?
- Communicate – Reset Expectations
- Investigate – Explore options to solve the issues
- Reiterate – Explain what you have found and how that matches expectations
- Try Your Best – Give it a chance but don’t lose sight of your bottom line
- Let It Go – Agree to disagree and move on
In this episode, we will discuss how and why projects and client expectations can go astray, and what you can do to throw it a life preserver and maybe keep it alive and on track!