People often treat marketing like the lottery… All you need to do is SCRATCH & WIN! That was easy? But in reality, if you just play the lottery, you will ultimately loose more than you win. The games are designed not to make you rich, but to make money for the lottery or gambling organization. Few get lucky, so may try and fail.
There are those rare occasions where people figure out a strategy to legally beat the system. Marketing is a lot like the lottery. Once you figure out the formula, you can start to make more money than you spend (a profit). But, there are some basic things that people miss or try to skip over to claim their winnings that hinder their success:
- Audience – Who are they and where are they in the buying process?
- Targeting – Which media and messages are they paying attention to?
- Messages – What method of communication create that emotional connection?
- Timing – Are they actually seeing your messages when they want to?
- Noise – Standing out from the crowd?
In this episode, I will lay out how having a formula can help you get rich slow. As Thomas Edison said, “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”