Mark S A Smith: Working in the world of technology since 1982, Mark uses systems thinking to help organizations successfully bring new, disruptive technology to market by orchestrating compelling, strategic conversations with executives.
Mark’s authored many books including include his latest Pivot to Profit from IT Disruption, Security in the Boardroom, Linux in the Boardroom, Guerrilla Negotiating, Guerrilla TeleSelling, & Guerrilla Trade Show Selling. Forthcoming: Selling Disruption & Executive Strategy Skills.
Mark is an electrical engineer, media technologist, computer programmer, hardware salesman, software marketer, business owner, executive coach, author, professional speaker, video producer, podcaster, blogger, musician, and father of five Millennial children who do not live at home.
- Just how good is my “crystal ball?” Is that going to get better or worse?
- How much do I need to be thinking about the future?
- How important are each of the timeframes to making decisions that impact our business?
- Build and frequently update a document to collect insights that impact the four timeframes.
- Hold “crystal ball” conversations with customers, vendors, partners, and industry leaders.
- Talk with people of all generations to get their thoughts and insights, to understand what they identify with, and what they feel is important.
- Look for changes in the way people think and make decisions.